Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Winked Masculine Birthday



Onward with the Belated Birthday Bash and the challenges!
Gayatri has created a gorgeous background on her card!



Her blending is superb!
I attempted this technique to create a background for a masculine Birthday card using the Confetti cuts stamp set and some more masking.  I did have a little trouble with my blending and the tiny masks that I made with the Confetti die cuts in that my masking paper was not adhering as well as hoped (maybe I could have chosen larger  images for this technique) and I could not really work the ink blending very well, so it is a little swirly, but I think it adds a little more movement to the card overall?  I started by stamping the selected images with Memento black ink and then masked them,  I blended a few DI's of blues and purple, removed the masks and then applied WOS white and clear to the stars, WOS black to the other shape.  The big Happy was die cut twice from black CS and the top 3rd layer is an enameled looking black CS.  I added a vellum banner that I stamped/black heat embossed the birthday word from The Big, The Bold & The Happy and wrapped around the front panel.  The little star confetti sequins are from my last order from W&W.  
I will be using this technique again and making more backgrounds!




Here is a close up...can you see the winking?

Thanks for stopping in!

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful BG and wonderful card Chriss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your masculine cards. Love the giant "hi" too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, graphic and so celebratory, Chriss ... especially with the shimmer! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)