Thursday, February 11, 2016

CASE-ing Amy



I am always amazed at the quality and variety of cards that the PTI team creates, month after month and this 9th birthday celebration is at full strength!  There are challenges going on and here is an offering from me.  We are to create a card inspired by one of the Design Team members and when I saw this card from Amy yesterday, I knew I wanted to create a few cards in this style!  So I am playing along with the Create along with us monthly challenge!


 Here is Amy's


Here is mine



I first die cut these pretty frames from the Keep it Simple series and arranged over a panel of the PTI striped vellum that was layered over a pink card front.  I then die cut a bouquet from the Bitty Bouquets set using the tulips and stamped in pink, Hawaiian Shores and a craft green for the leaves.  I white heat embossed a sentiment from the Baby Button Bits set onto black and hand cut the banner.  Onto a strip of the same vellum, I black heat embossed the "little cutie pie" from the same set and wrapped behind the layered panel.  A narrow slip of the pink Bitty Dots PP finishes the card...
I made this this afternoon after receiving some wonderful news from a friend that her new granddaughter had been born!  Oh Joy!
I also have another friend that was blessed with twin grandchildren yesterday, so I must say...truly a busy and joyous day!

9 comments:

  1. Super pretty!!! Love how you were inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading this with happy tears of joy, Chriss! Your card is adorable!! And I will be sure to share it... love you sweet friend... xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an outstanding CASE, Chriss! Every detail is perfect!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chriss, this is wonderful and fabulously done! Love the colors and the wavy sentiment accenting! I CASED a card of Amy's, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card Chriss! I'm honored to have inspired this! Congratulations to your friends on their grandbabies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and pretty, Chriss ... and so perfect for that new little cutie pie! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)