Friday, August 7, 2015

A Strip of Summer





With help from the OneLayerSimplicity challenge (strip down!) and the 
Less is More colour cue (berry shades), I created this card on this very hot Summer Friday in Austin!
An old, but cherished, SU berry branch was my inspiration for the berry image. I don't think these are really blueberries...but let's pretend for today!  I stencilled my watercolour on WC paper over my masked berry image.  It was a tricky one to cut out, and finished with some speckles from my paintbrush.  Have not decided on a sentiment yet...but another for the stash!

Thanks for peeking in today and I hope that you have a great start to your weekend!
Chriss

12 comments:

  1. This is lovely! Such delicate shades!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is more"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic design ! I have also become your latest blog follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your mosaic watercoloured panel, so effective with that lovely stem.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant cutting though Chriss and a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chriss this is so stunning!! I've yet to pick those berries I keep talking about... but yours look delicious ... LOve that stenciling!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. love, love how you did the strip....great looking card...
    Thanks for playing along with the OLS this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The water colours for the masked 'strip' are really pretty and so effective, love how you've done this, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elegant and subtle berry shades
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous one layer card...I love your wonderful strip, looks like a cobblestone path, just beautiful Chriss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm catching up on last week's Less is More cards, sorry to be so late with my visit!
    What gorgeous soft, berry shades love the background you created
    Thanks so much for joining us this week
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm swooning, Chriss ... LOVE that soft watercolour stencilling ... such a perfect and gorgeous background to the blueberry stem ... beautiful! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)