Friday, March 13, 2015

Tropical...

Tropical...it's been a while since I was anywhere tropical, maybe 4 years. CASology's cue word this week.
I searched my stamps for anything remotely tropical and came up with this card.  Believe it or not, the flower is from Desert Garden, an MFT set.  It looks tropical...right?  The skinny gal under the palm tree with rose coloured sunglasses is digging the tropical vacation.  The stamp is old, a Wordsworth set and cast off from my friend Yvonne.  I found it while rummaging in my seashore box of stamps. I stamped in Dove Grey Staz On and coloured with reinkers.  PTI Simply Chartreuse, Hibiscus burst, Aqua Mist and Melonberry for my "sand".  The border was stamped in two of those colours on a grid journaling card that I had stamped with a chevron border stamp from the same MFT Desert Garden set.
I have been making Easter cards for the CoOp grocery store.  They have never ordered Easter before, but decided just this week that they would like 72 of them...OhMy!  I am hoppin to it and have 36 made so far.  I promised delivery on Tuesday...4 more days.
Here are a couple of the Easter cards, just for fun.
                                                              

That's it for right now...hope that you have a great start to the week-end!
Hugs-Chriss

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards Chriss!! Well done on your order too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* I wish I were the skinny girl under the palm. That stamp is not only perfect for the challenge, but quite gorgeous! Very, very beautiful, Chriss...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh one more thing.... congrats on that fabulous Co-Op order... you're off to a darling, bunny-fast start =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards. I especially like your tropical scene. Now, if I were that skinny....Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chriss all of your cards are fabulous!--love the palm tree blowing in the wind and those sweet Easter cards!! The lettering on the first is so cute. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's me, Chriss ... honest!! Slender, tanned, cool under the palms on a tropical island ... yep, just me ... delicious! Lovely Easter cards ... you're a card making wonder doing all those! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)