Wednesday, June 25, 2014

CASe this Sketch 81 -Fusion

Good Morning!  Here is a card that I made for the dual CAS(E) this Sketch 81 and FUSION inspiration photo.
 The butterfly was truly an inspiration as well as the votive holder.  I started by using this ancient brass stencil and dabbed Versamark and then embossed in gold.  You can see the stencil photo at the end of the post.
I cut out a parchment coloured velum panel using a PTI die.  I also used a gold foil card stock to die cut my Memory Box butterfly, some MS hearts and the large PTI Scribbled circle die.  I cut that Scribbled circle die up to layer a portion over the stenciled gold pattern and used the other cut portion over the top of the velum die.  I tacked down my hearts at the top of the velum panel and stitched, leaving the thread as "tails" for some extra drama.  Lastly, I added my butterfly after adding the same velum backing to her and I popped her up on a thin strip of foam.  I have not decided on a sentiment...
Thanks for taking a peek today and I hope that you are having a wonderful week so far!   Chriss


5 comments:

  1. What a ton of energy in your card! Love what looks like a flight path behind your butterfly. Thanks for playing with Fusion and CAS(e) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though everything on ur card is so intricate yet it look so perfectly fitting and so attractive :) thank you for sharing with Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! That's a perfect take on the photo and such a terrific card!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty and such a current trend.....beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chriss...it's been a white...hope all is well with you and your family!!!! Your card is absolutely stunning with all the gold and the beautiful stencil work in the background....love this!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)