Thursday, June 27, 2013

No longer a sequin virgin

Happy Thursday!  The weather here is still a little, shall I say-HOT!  We met with my husband's work friends tonight and they are from New Jersey and Philadelphia, they are taking the heat like good troopers and have not yet melted!
Onto the card I made, just for fun, no specific challenge.
I finally gave in and bought some sequins a couple of weeks back.    I used this Stampin' Up hydrangea stamps directly on a paint chip and shaded slightly with some Copic markers and then added the sequins, seed beads and perfect pearls.  The ribbon is a very narrow silk and the sentiment die cut is from Memory Box and I also added some sequins to the lace border.  Maybe I overindulged with the sequins.  I have seen some pretty cards out there with just a few randomly placed and I will attempt again!
Thanks for stopping by, stay cool and hydrated. Chriss

2 comments:

  1. I don't think the sequins on the lace border are too much. They help to balance the sparkle on the top half of this truly lovely card. Re: the hot weather, embrace the heat! Up here where its too cold half the year, we like to sweat once in a while. Hugs from Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty...the colors and so soft and beautiful and I looove the sequins...I have a couple of colors but need a few more!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)