Thursday, May 6, 2010

Up, up & Away in my Beautiful ...Pumpkin!

Hi there everyone! I was able to make a card this morning for the Impression Obsession challenge "Out of the Box"..to use a stamp for something other than it was designed for. I have had this beautiful pumpkin stamp since last Thanksgiving, and I did use it as an elegant pumpkin, but today it has been reinvented as a hot air balloon. How crazy is that!
I used Basic Grey's Archaic 6 X 6 paper pad and stamped directly onto and cut out. I coloured with a green Copic marker, grayish olive to fill in some of the open space.
I stamped an old basket stamp that I had in my stash and cut off the handle and straight cut the sides to resemble the carrying basket and then I attached some black wire to the basket and added a narrow strip of the Archaic stripe to the basket and secured the basket and ballon together with a thin black wire.
The plastic letters are from an unused box of Spare Parts letters that I have had for a couple of years.
I had fun making this "balloon" card and wanted to thank the folks over at Impression Obsession for this challenge that really made me think...out of the box!
Thanks for taking a peek,
Chriss

2 comments:

  1. What a great card! Your balloon is beautiful, Chriss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea for the challenge. You really captured the spirit of the theme

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)