Saturday, February 13, 2010

Papertrey flower embellishments

Hello everyone! I was able to participate in another Papertrey challenge, yay! Nichole issued a challenge to make a/some floral embellishments for a friend AND make a card using one of them. I thought this might be fun, but had no idea just how much joy I would have in making these!
I actually made 5 of everything, because I meet with 4 other gals every few weeks for breakfast and we show our stamped creations. I will be giving them each a little "kit" of some of my ready to use embellishments.
So onto the card, a very simple one. The photo really does not do the card front justice, it is very pretty irl ;)
I created the card base from kraft 12 X 12 cs and left an extra 3/4" on the inside to create a folded flap to hold an acetate sheet of the embellishments. On that inside flap I added a strip of PTI paper from the Everyday Blessings collection that I used a SU border punch on and adhered.
I added a bottom panel of paper from the same collection and topped that with a strip of kraft, another punched strip of Everyday Blessings and a CB button embossed strip of PTI Aqua mist in keeping with the "embellishment" theme. I also stamped a flourish from the Fancy Flourishes PTI set in Aqua and stamped "from me to you.


Most of the flowers embellies I made were from the same Everyday Blessings papers and some floral dies from Cuttle Bug. I used pearls, rhinestones, buttons and glitter to create these fun flowers.

As I said before, I REALLY enjoyed making these. I think I could do this all day long!
Let's see, ironing & vacuuming or flower embellishment creating? hmmmm....

Thanks for taking a peek! Have a great rest of the weekend.

The Papertrey release and celebration (3 years) is tomorrow night...just one more sleep.

chriss

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhh these are so pretty! I am loving the blue and yellow together...and that little clover is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the card irl! The girls you meet with are very lucky to have you as a friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chriss, these are wonderful! You totally rocked the homemade embellishments, girl! Beautifully done! LOVE the card, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're too talented - those flowers are amazing! Your card is a stunner and I'm sure your ladies will LOVE their embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)