I immediately thought of an oldtime stamp that I don't get to use that much because it is an Easter stamp, but I love the style of these images.
I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo black onto a cream card stock and coloured the leaves with a pale olive Copic marker. The flowers were filled in with an opaque white acrylic from Jaquard that I have had for several years. It is similar to a Lumiare product, but without the shiny pearliness, more of a soft glow. I applied it with a blender pen. I did some very sparse shadows on the tulip base with another very pale Copic marker, just to give a little bit of depth. I then cut out the "tiles" and mounted with dimensional foam to some black squares that I cut with a Spellbinder Nestability frame. I have always like to see portions of a stamped image jut out on a different background, as shown above.
For the actual card, I adhered a cream and black dp from K & CO. to the entire front and then a panel of cream card stock that I embossed using a CB Damask folder. I backed this with the same black card stock and applied to the center front. I cut out a strip of old olive card stock and used a MS border punch on both edges, applied that to the embossed panel and then arranged the floral tiles to the center of that. Very easy, but I like the effect that the layering adds to this card. I like the simple structure of this layout and can imagine making some other cards with this easy layout...maybe Valentines ;)
Thanks for peeking in,