Sunday, December 27, 2009

Birthday bird and a SFYTT

Hello out there. I had time today to play along with Jenn's ~sketch for you to try~ and this is what I came up with...

I have not shown any love to my BG Urban Prairie paper pad lately (so many neglected collections that I have to put to good use, a new year's resolution for sure!) and it is such a pretty collection of papers, so I pulled it out and started mapping out my card with this great sketch from Jenn. More details for this can be found on the iheart2stamp.com blog.
I made my panels with the pink print and solid pink (this one I placed in a Quickutz Retro Diamonds embossing folder and backed them with the solid blue and adhered to the pink pirouette card base.


I made some circles and ovals using my Spellbinder Nestability dies, alternating the paper patterns. To these I added a punched MS bird, a SU birthday sentiment and a Serendipity cake image that I stamped with Tuxedo black Memento ink and coloured with my Copic markers. This has a lot of colour in it and I am wondering if it has a little too much going on. Well, that's it for now...
cheers,
Chriss

4 comments:

  1. I don't think it's too much at all, I think it's beautiful! My favorite is the adorable little bird. He sits just right on the card and really makes it come to life. Thank you for the sweet comment. I haven't played with Jen's sketches in a while and they are so much fun! I especially love seeing what everyone else came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great card....Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh I love your card. The colours are awesome and love the embossed background

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card love the colors and background embossing is great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)