Thursday, August 13, 2009

Vervalicious lemonade flowers

Hi everyone!  I had the day off today and got to play with the Verve Sketch challenges that Julee created for anyone to play along with.  It will be Verve's 2nd anniversary and I am looking forward to the new releases.  I Love this Verve Floral Symphony set and used it quite a bit today. (you will see in my next 2 posts) I first stamped the flower images in Rose Red on white card stock and coloured with my Copic markers, then cut them out and mounted on a layer of yellow green (all dp's are from the Basic Grey Lemonade line)that I cut out with the smallest octagon from the large octagon Spellbinders set.  I then used a circle nestie and cut out the cute mini polka dotted dp and then used the blossom nestie on a dark cherry colour sheet.  The cut out Verve flower is mounted on a dimensional.  The card base is covered in this cute paper with octagon shapes in the design with all of the colours that I chose to use for this card.  The rest is pretty explanatory, but if you have any 
questions, please email me.  
This is a close-up of the flowers and the dp with the teeny tiny lady bugs, so adorable (imho)
  Thanks for taking a peek and look out for the next Verve sketch challenge.  There are 5 total and I hope to get them all done before tomorrow evening!  Chriss

~recipe~
stamps Verve Floral Symphony, SU Fancy Flexible Phrases
paper        Basic Grey Lemonade
ink        SU Rose Red, basic gray
access       Spellbinder Blossom, Circle, Octagon, Square ~SU oval punches, EK Success scalloped border

2 comments:

  1. Love how the Verve flowers match so nicely with your bg paper. Great job on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definately a "Chriss" card with all the layers and such details. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)