Friday, August 7, 2009

Trees of Thanks

Hi there! Hope that everyone has had a good week and I know that I am ready for the week-end!
I was able to work on my Mojo 98 sketch this morning and here is what I came up with.  I really wanted to use these Verve trees from a couple of releases ago "Up, up and Away" and decided to use this cute dp from K & Co.  Love the green and brown together.  For the "flower", I stamped the little tree from the set in SU close to cocoa craft ink directly onto the dp 7 times, clear embossed them and cut out.  I then used my Spellbinder Blossom dies and cut out the shapes you see in the different papers and arranged and layered the little trees to make up the "flower"  I added this pretty lime button from the BG Lemonade series and made a couple of French knots in the two buttonholes.  The white square is embossed with my swirls CB folder.  The card front is covered in a Bazzil textured card stock (similar to close to cocoa) and the side panel is a piece of the same Bazzil CS and layered with  
another strip of the dp that I used the MS lattice edge border punch on both sides.  I then wrapped that strip with a wide satin ribbon and glued down.  The tree is a larger version from the same Verve release but you can buy this one as a single stamp.  The sentiment is also Verve (and a gift from Julie when I placed a previous order) that I stamped in the same ink and clear embossed.  I used a SU oval punch and then layered onto the dp and trimmed around that.  The buttons all have embroidery floss in them and the brown buttons are from PTI.  Hope you like this one.    Here's a close-up .  Thanks for taking a peek today, chriss
            ~recipe~
stamps Verve Up, up and Away , Verve sentiment too
paper         Bazzil textured, K & Co dp
access.      embroidery floss, buttons, oval punch, Spellbinder blossom dies, PTI vintage buttons, BG lemonade buttons, MS lattice edge border punch, CB swirls folder, wide satin ribbon.

3 comments:

  1. I just love the "flower" how you come up with these things amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Creative card! I like the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flower you created is AWESOME, Chriss...I love the paper you used, too, and the stamps are just wonderful!!!! This is such a beautiful design!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)