Thursday, February 26, 2009

Combined challenges This card came together so easily for me. for Easter




Hi there!  I was able to combine 2 challenges for this card today.  I don't normally do that as I feel it's kind of "cheating" those who offered the challenges in the 1st place, however, no disrespect
 intended to Julia or Rox.This card came together for me very easily.  The challenges are the Sketch challenge and the Ways to use it, both from Splitcoast.  The Ways to use it challenge issued was to use something inexpensive, cheap, maybe free?!
Well, I guess I can be pretty cheap.  The brown textured border that the framed flowers are mounted on is a coffee sleeve from Whole Foods.  On the rare occasion that I forget to bring my stainless cup to work (which is next to one of our Whole Foods)I use the standard paper cups provided and use one of their sleeves over the cup so not to burn my hands.  You can't see the texture in the cardboard from this pic, but it is visible in person.  Free is good.  I did however buy the 2 Copic markers that I used to colour this sketch...so, well they are 2 of my favourite colours and now I have a grand total of 3 Copic markers.  
I loved this challenge and may play again and I think Roxie's sketch is one of my favourite's.  I may even FOLLOW the sketch next and not flip it ;)

Thanks for taking a peek, ch{{rs!,
Chriss

Recipe for this one
Stamp set   - SU! A little bit of happiness
Paper         - Bazzil green textured, baja blue, Whole Foods coffee sleeve
Accessories - Spellbinders square die, CB folder, CB "frame" die, Copic markers Ice Cream & Yellow-                    Green, SU wide grosgrain ribbon & sentiment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)