Friday, May 13, 2016

Pinterest Inspired Father's Day


 This month's May Pinterest Inspired challenge immediately caught my eye and I wanted to finally participate in a challenge as I have been very quiet on the blog and in my blogland commenting.  I am finally feeling like I will have a bit of Mojo and some scheduled time for getting back to creating again.
  I made some Father's Day cards using PTI inks in Canyon Clay, Parakeet Green, Teal and Hawaiian Shores.  The pattern was made with a leftover strip of white CS that I has used to die cut a Hero Arts dragonfly shape from the April HA monthly kit.  I was left with a home made stencil...so I sponged the four colours onto card fronts and I like the colour combo for a more masculine type card.  I decided to go very simple with the sentiment treatment and white heat embossed one of the PTI sentiments from Boutique Borders Father onto black CS and adhered coaster board to the back for added dimension and glued to the card front.  Pretty easy!  Although my allover pattern is not random and my colours are not at all like the inspiration piece...I was TRULY inspired to create with inks and an organic feel shape because of the PI challenge!
Thanks for popping in and have a wonderful day!
Chriss

4 comments:

  1. Oh Chriss it's brilliant! Love the design and the colours ... what a great use of your negative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally see the connection, Chriss ... the crisp boldness of the sentiment strip is a fabulous contrast to the softly sponged background pattern ... fabulous! Hugs, mon amie, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card...love your fabulous images!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so cool! Great take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)