Thursday, September 17, 2015

Hello (I want to be an MFT Superstar)


Yes!  It's true.  I do want to be an MFT Design Superstar!
Here is my second entry and I have all fingers and toes crossed!


I took a few photos as I crafted this morning to show how I created my card...

 I first die cut my circle from kraft CS and then took pencil to my kraft circle and eyeballed the lines and angles from the current MFT sketch challenge.



Lines drawn, I stamped all of the delicate images that fit from the MFT Desert Bouquet in white pigment ink and let that dry completely.
I had decided to use just three colours to over-stamp the white images and started to stamp on the colours like so...


This was what it looked like at an early stage.















Next is a shot at all three colours.
To create the gold embossed lines, I erased one or two lines at a time and then took a VersaMarker and ruler and drew the line and then gold embossed.  It was a little time consuming, but I rather like the result.  I could say I am pleased...otherwise I would not be entering into a Superstar challenge!

It is a lofty dream, but ya gotta dream, right?

My card was finished after layering and adhering a gold foil square (4 1/2" sq) and green (4 1/4" sq) card fronts and placing my stamped circle in the center and adhering the gold die cut CS frame over top.  I saw this little Hello stamp from the  Say What? set and gold embossed that on the Die Namics speech bubble that matches the set.  I thought it appropriate for a little wood bird to be peeping her greeting.  
She wants to be a Superstar too!

Thanks for peeking in!  
If you have entered this challenge...Good Luck!

Chriss

11 comments:

  1. OH LOVELY!!! Stained glass window:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely, Chriss!! Good luck with the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve this card... you clever, clever girl! And patience is just another of your many virtues, Chriss - white pigment ink can take forever to dry! You also did a fantastic job mimicking the abstract lines of the graphic ... Star worthy, for sure. And thank you for sharing the technique - you knew I'd ask, right?
    =] M

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your card...so stinkin' clever and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, Chriss ... superstar material! I'm so pleased you did a tutorial ... not only does it show how amazingly creative you are ... it showed me a technique I've never tried! Added to my list ... merci beaucoup! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic stamping technique on this card! Loving the color over pigment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is so fantastic Chris's! Love this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dreams do come true! I love the stamping you did inside the circle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card, Chriss! Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! What an amazing creation ... Sooo clever! Fingers crossed for you Chriss!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)