Thursday, August 20, 2015

Fall Line Up

It's my sweet husband's birthday tomorrow.  We have been married for 35 years and have been together since we were 16 years old.  That 41 years.  Hard to believe that all those years have past in a flash!  This card is for him and represents all of the changes we have experienced.  I was inspired by the sketch challenge going on right now at Freshly Made Sketches #200.  I must admit...It is new to me.  
Where have I been!?  They have a really exciting line up of prizes for celebrating along with them!  I have added this new to me challenge to my list!




I had a blast water colouring a sheet with distress inks and then cutting out all of these little trees.  I have some left over, so you may be seeing more of these in the future :)
The sentiment is a favourite of mine from a  very old SU set.  I made the "background" trees with the same die cut trees from fun foam.  I only wish that they were of a lighter and more faded colour. 
I will also be adding this to 
SSS Work it Wednesday - Die Cuts
I used some of those :)


14 comments:

  1. This is really wonderful! I just love those trees and you have used the sketch perfectly. Glad you found us! Thanks for joining our celebration at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so beautiful, Chriss... love what you've done with that gorgeous water-colored panel! So sweet *sigh*
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trees are fabulous! Love the forest scene you created! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches to celebrate our 200th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, Chriss, this is a stunner! That wonderful forest of watercoloured trees is simply fantastic ... I love it! Happy Birthday to your DH for tomorrow ... he's going to love your card too! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card and a wonderful interpretation of that sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well happy birthday to your DH ... How wonderful to have been together all that time ... Your card is so beautiful Chriss ... I adore what you did!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all those darling little trees Chriss! A great take on the sketch! Have a lovely evening/day! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these trees and how you've used them on this card to represent changes. So glad you found us at FMS. Thanks for joining us in our 200th sketch celebration at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love this, Chriss! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful! Happy Belated to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These trees and background are just fabulous. The depth you've created with ink is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a very ingenious use of style and color. Love the layout and design elements.

    ReplyDelete

  13. Your card caught my eye over in the Freshly Made Sketches Gallery and I wanted to come visit and see more! This is beautiful and just so well done - what a cool take on the sketch!!! I really enjoyed visiting your blog and I would love it if you popped over for a visit to my blog at daisiesgirl.com!! I have a giveaway going on right now!
    Taunya Butler
    http://daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving all those wonderful trees! What a great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)