Monday, July 21, 2014

Colour Q #250 (where have I been?) a word and Thanks

Happy Monday!
I hope that everyone had a wonderful week-end!  I returned from a mini vacation in Newport RI and feel rested and full of energy!  It must have been the chowders and lobsters ;)

I have seen a few amazing cards created for the this Colour Q challenge on some of the blogs that I follow and I was inspired to create one too!  This is my first time playing along...where have I been?
My card was a quick one to put together.  I used this scrap of a Basic Gray patterned paper that has the colours and I embossed some swirls onto another BG paper to replicate the swirls in the inspiration piece.  I then simply created my word panel with a Spellbinders sentiment label and I die cut the Memory Box thanks 3 times in black and the turquoise colour.  These were stacked and inlaid into the turquoise panel.  I layered onto a black wavy strip, created with a border punch...remember those?  Another throwback product that I used today are those two brads for that extra pop of colour.  I love the dress in the inspiration piece!
I am also entering this into the Moxie Fab Wonderful Words challenge
and the SSS Work It Wednesday challenge
3 challenges...WooHoo
Thanks for stopping in and I hope that your Monday is marvelous!Chriss

4 comments:

  1. So glad you played along with us! Your card is very pretty. Love the embossed texture! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you found us Chriss - the patterned paper compliments the embossed cardstock perfectly..how lucky to have found some paper using all the colours! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Chriss ... such sweet DP and glorious texture! I love that dress too ... that's what had me playing along too! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chriss! What a pretty card!
    Thanks for linking it up to the MFW Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)