Sunday, October 20, 2013

MFW Cork-MetalWood challenge

Today's card is for the Moxie Fab World's challenge to use Cork, Metal and Wood  Check on all 3 elements!

I started by attaching a sheet of the Crate specialty paper from the SleighRide collection.  It is a velum with metallic silver stripes, very pretty all on it's own, but I wanted to also use their map paper to compliment my sentiment themed card.  In order to do that, I cut 1/2" strips of the paper and layered in between the silver stripes, in the order that I cut them to not disjoint the map.  I used a MemoryBox die on a sticky backed cork sheet to make the center medallion and pushed out only the outer circle of cuts to reveal the lacy work, then peeled off the backing and positioned onto the card front.  I also added a sparkly silver snowflake, also from Crate, for added dimension to the central focal point.  I have a little stash of different sized sleigh bells and strung some red and silver ones onto some embroidery thread, knotting them in place.  I then added two wood airplanes of different sizes to the front and back of the "journey".  The sentiment is an older Stampin' Up from my collection and I put it on a bitty banner die cut and then edged in red.  That's it!
Have a great Sunday!
Thanks for stopping by-Chriss

3 comments:

  1. Hey Chriss! Thanks for linking this up to the Metal, Cork, & Wood Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! What a fabulous take on the challenge ... Love your card ... I like the dimension by layering your strips and the design and use of the metal cork and wood is Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic take on the Moxie challenge, Chriss!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)