Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Moxy Fab Blue tulip

Hi everyone!  Hope that Spring is right around the corner in your neck of the woods.  I made another card for the Moxie Fab World's 
Cure for the Winter Blues challenge.
I started by embossing my card front with a SU tulip fram embossing folder.
I "fashioned" this tulip from angel wings...it's true, I used Papertrey Inks's die from the holiday 
Love Lives Here set.  I cut 2 left and 2 right wings out from some tiny floral paper that I had in my stash (not many blue papers in my craft space to choose from)and then 2 more from a chipboard product.  I covered the set of chipboard wings with the paper, sponged with a navy ink and layered together to form a tulip bloom.  I drew the stem and leaves free hand with copics,  I also free hand cut the tulip pot,  sponged it and adhered with dimensional foam over the tulip leaves.  I added a tiny sparkly dragonfly with navy eyes and added Cosmo Cricket alphas to a wooden tag.  A button with some bakers twine finishes it off. That is it, a CAS card from me AND it features navy blue!

4 comments:

  1. Love this card Chriss ... so very pretty and elegant ... hope all is well with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chriss! Thanks for linking this up to the Cure for the Winter Blues Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chriss, your card looks fabulous!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty....your flower is so pretty and I love the embossed border!!!! Don't ya just love all the pretty spring days we are having...I bet you have been outside in your garden!! I have iris and daffodils blooming and the grass is so green...I even saw a few bluebonnets yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)