Saturday, January 7, 2012

Life is beautiful Thank you

Well, HELLO there all!  It has been a while since I have posted, not that I have not been creating, just a little lax in posting.  It's a new start to a new year, new job too.  Life really is beautiful and I created this card for my very dear MIL.  She is the sweetest woman and always so very thoughtful.  This is an over due thank you card for her.
I used Julee's MOJO Monday 222 sketch as my jump-off point...it's been too long since I created with a sketch and I really enjoyed making this card!
I used a Sixxix folder to emboss the white PTI cs and sponged the edges.  The patterned papers are from the 6 X 6 paper pad "Alla Prima" (some of my favourite colour combinations in this one) and a stray smaller polka dotted paper.  The edges were sponged and stitched.  I also stamped the Verve flower from "Great Friend" directly onto the patterned papers and cut out and sponged with PTI aqua mist then added a resin flower from Webster that I dabbed with SU dazzling effects for a little sparkle.  The peacock canvas is also a Webster's piece that I have hoarded for more than a year...but I am happy that I still had it to use for this card.  
Thanks for visiting and I hope that this first week of the new year has been very good to you!
hugs,
chriss

3 comments:

  1. Hey Chriss ... lovely to see you back ... gorgeous card ... I'm sure your MIL will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Chriss!! I LOVE the blues and your textured bg!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a beautiful job of this card, Chriss! Love those papers and the flower is stunning. Awesome job on this sketch! Glad to see you back =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)