Friday, January 13, 2012

A friendly hello

Hello everyone.  Friday-yay!
I made another card for the Moxie Fab World die cutting challenge and this one also qualifies for the City Crafter "Back to Black" challenge to incorporate a black  silhouette (I stamped my fern frond directly onto the patterned paper).
For the die cutting part, I started with this long Cuttlebug tag die.  I cut out one in black and one other in the patterned paper and trimmed it down a slight 1/8th" all around, then sewed together with black thread.  I sewed the edges of the front panel directly to the card and then stamped the silhouette.
I used an alphabet die also from Cuttlebug and cut out the letters on some chipboard coasters and then cut out the letters again with various patterned papers.  I adhered them to the chipboard with glue and then to the tag.  I used this big button that I had in my stash (BoBunny I think)and threaded it with some silk floss.  The silk floss was quite slippery and I didn't think that the knot would hold, so I placed a dab of glue on top of the knot and sprinkled with MS black glitter.  the tag was placed onto dimensional foam and I placed it over another die cut I made using my Spellbinders eyelet square die and I stamped a PTI bold hello onto the top portion, positioning it so that the bottom part of the white cut die shape would peek out of the bottom.
That's it for now...
thanks for taking a peek,
Chriss

6 comments:

  1. Chriss this is beautiful ... I absolutely love the design ... and beautifully done ... many thanks for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is jaw-dropping! Your letters are perfect...great paper choices. I love the stamped black branch/leaves on the blue and the bolder "hello" sentiment on the white. Very striking card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card.. The papers you used are perfect. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Chriss! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)