Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Red, white, blue and JustRite!

Hello everyone! I'm back with a challenge card, finally ;)
This one took me a while, even though it turned out quite simple, without a lot of layering. I started with this great challenge from JustRite JR024, the requirements being a red/white/blue theme and a sketch that was provided by the JustRite team. I selected this image from "Stitched with Love" and coloured with my Copic markers and a glittery Spica on the needle and pins. The sketch has oval shapes and so I chose this great oval border from JustRites "Breath of Spring" and stamped in Versamark and sprinkled with a rich red EP and heated. I then used a classic oval Nestability to cut out the frame and then selected another smaller one to use on the coloured image. I sponged some red around this smaller oval and popped it up on foam and set in the middle of the larger frame oval. For the panel,
I cut out a rectangle with scissors from a hanker chief that I had purchased at Hobby Lobby. I frayed the edges by tugging at the single fibers and then stitched it onto the dp card front with some red thread. I added a red satin ribbon at the bottom and tied a simple knot and notched the ends into a V. To that, I layered 3 buttons that I used the same thread in the buttonholes. I adhered the focal image to the fabric panel with fabric tacky glue, choosing not to stitch the oval with thread, because I did not want to mess up the embossing ;) The challenge ends tomorrow, Thursday morning at 9 am CT, so you still have time to join in...
That's it! Thanks for peeking in. Hope that you have a great day!
Chriss

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chriss...your challenge card is beautiful, gf!!! What a super sweet image and I just love how you used the fabric....you are sooo creative!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)