Saturday, April 17, 2010

Vervalicious Delightful and Delicious

Love my coffee! Anyone that knows me, knows THAT! When I saw this latest challenge from Julee over at the Verve forum, I knew I really wanted to participate!
I decided to make a small project for me to look at in my craft room. I have kept it very neat since the reorganization in January and February and I am quite happy to report on that :)
I started with this little poly resin frame that I picked up at Michael's a few month's ago for $1.00. It is a nice deep teal colour and I used the DCWV line of equally richly coloured pattern papers from the Cafe Mediterranean line. I think I love every sheet of paper in this 8 X 8 pad.
I started by stamping two of the cups from the Delightful and Delicious set in Versamark right onto the patterned paper and sprinkled with Zing Teal ep
and cut them out. I did the same with the fabulous sentiment from the D & D set and used a Spellbinder Label die to cut out. I then used a sponge dauber to ink around the edges with Versamark and dipped into the ep and heat to set. I adhered this to a square piece of pp and placed in the frame. I added the little cups to the outside of the frame with some dimensional foam.
That is it. The hardest part of this little project was taking the picture of it because the frame has a plastic mat glued on the inside front, so it was shining up the pic quite a bit.
Have a great day and thanks for looking!
ps as summer approaches, I indulge in iced caramel macchiatos from Starbucks as a special treat, otherwise, I am a hot coffee kind of girls and brew a couple of pots a day!

Cheers!
Chriss

4 comments:

  1. Oh , my goodness, Chriss... this is such a great project ! I love that swirly frame and the coffee cups attached ! Love the wedding cards too ... all so beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun, fun, fun!! love that little frame...what a great idea...love the colours and how you embossed the edges of the label. I love my coffee too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, this is super cool! I just love the frame and layered coffee cups! Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I love this, Chriss....the frame is beautiful and I love the fun sentimet with the little coffee cups!!! I'm afraid I don't drink coffee...gasp....I'm a tea kinda girl!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)