Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Oooops...too late!!! PlayDateCafe cream & blue

Good morning everyone! It is overcast and misty here today, great for all of those wildflowers in full bloom in this part of the state, so very pretty! I was finally able to make a couple of cards for the Play Date Cafe photo challenge that I chose to create from a colour perspective. Blue is not a colour that I reach for, so this was a challenge to me ;)
I decided that I wanted to use my new PaperTreyInk Dahlia stamp and shaded with my Copic markers for the mystical Blue Dahlia. The pattern paper that I used for the top half of this card is from the Linen Closet collection by DCWV, a very pretty assortment.
I used an EK Success slim punch to create the tiered pierced scallop edges and a Quickutz diamond embossing folder for the card front panel. The dahlia is framed on a Spellbinder Label die, the sentiment is also PTI and, as you can see, I added some blue rhinestones. Like I said, I hardly ever reach for blue, so I took the opportunity to add blue embellishments that are usually totally neglected!



My second card is a very simple one. I used PTI cream card stock for the front, ran it through the bug with a CB Damask embossing folder and aplied to a slightly larger pice of paper from the Linen Closet collection. I also used the Damask die and cut out the Damask shape with the blue paper and applied directly to the embossed portion that it matched. I used another CB die for the sentiment frame and ran a cream ribbon around the card front, tied a bow and adhered a few Prima flowers over the Mom sentiment. Easy Peasy!!

Thanks for visiting today. Hope it will be a beautiful one for you!
chriss

2 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful job with blue ! I love all the texture and the elegance . Beautiful , Chris !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! both cards are so pretty I'm not sure which one I love the most...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)