Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Plum Violets

Hello everyone! It's sunny here today and very slowly starting to warm up! It has been a cold winter for these parts.
Today I wanted to participate in the SCS sketch challenge and I peeked at the colour challenge (pale plum and brown suede) and decided to combine them. Although I (and many others it seems) do not gravitate to using the purple family, I usually am pleased with the results. Here is what I came up with.
I stamped my favourite Lockhart cupcake stamp onto white in Memento Tuxedo black ink andg coloured with my Copics. I am experimenting more with shading and so far have not totally destroyed anything ;) I also stamped the same image again in pigment white onto velum and heat embossed and then cut out the cupcake liner to layer over the coloured image. I used my square and rectangle nesties to cut the various panels and matted them with pale plum. The "suede" main panel is a Bazzill brown that I substituted. The next panel is of pale plum that I embossed with the Su floral folder and then I layered that with a My Mind's Eye striped pattern paper.

The flower is made from MS punches and a Prima that I layered all together. I added these two sizes of apricot coloured rhinestones to all of the flower centers.
Here is a close-up. Now, onto some exciting ironing!
Thanks for taking a peek, I appreciate everyone's visit! chriss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)