Thursday, January 14, 2010

Regal Rhinestone Valentine



This is the first time I have made a card using a digital image. This one was provided by Julee over at Verve. It is available until tomorrow if you would like to download it. Isn't it beautifully detailed? The sentiment is from the same download.
When I glimpsed at this Farmer's Market paper from a previous project, I knew I wanted to colour the heart in red and aqua. This is a close-up of the coloured heart. The heart and sentiment are much larger if you print as is, but I scaled them down to (25% I think) to get these sizes so they would fit as I wanted them on the card. It was easier to use than I anticipated!
I used the sketch provided by Teresa Kline for this special challenge of which there are 5 different ones going on for the release tomorrow night! I hope that I can complete the other two!

The "bow" I created for the ribbon is a CB die cut that I cut an end off of each cut and placed them together to form this bow. I topped it off with a large red rhinestone. I also placed tiny red ones right over the sentiment. Hope you like it! I am off to make dinner and then hopefully create another card.
chriss
Here is the full shot of the card.


3 comments:

  1. I love the colors! It's a beautiful card Chriss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card! & some great ideas too. Those digi images are fun! nice you can make them any size!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty Valentine, Chriss...love the digi Verve image and the bow you created looks AWESOME!!!! Hope you weathered the cold weather ok...kinds nice to have it warmer even if it's a little wet!!! Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)