Monday, January 18, 2010

MoxieFabColor challenge

I am feeling a little "punchy" from the latest MoxieFab Color challenge. We are to make a card using only these four colours. I assembled the 4 that I had for the closest match, and I thought. This purpley colour is not one of my faves, but it's really not that bad with the berry/pomegranate colour...is it?
Time for me to come up with a design, any design. Sometimes I think I work much better with a sketch. Sketches are comfortable. Sketches have certain boundaries, but with some interpretation room. Well, this is what I came up with.

I used my Martha punches and just started playing with shapes. When I was a little girl, I had these painted wooden shapes of diamonds, triangles, squares and circles. The game was kinda like a puzzle where you could just create different images using the shapes. I played with it often and have fond memories of it, but they would be fonder if the shapes had been painted in a larger variety of colours. They were only yellow, green, red and blue.
Well, playing with the various shapes I had punched out last night did get some creativity going and I was able to assemble this layered flower from heart shapes and a flower CuttleBug die. Most of the paper is Bazzil, but I substituted what I had on hand for the closest match. I also finished the inside, an really good leftover influence from the last MFC I participated in!

Keep scrolling to see the inside of the card.

Thanks for peeking in today!
cheers ~ chriss





3 comments:

  1. Wow Chriss...all the punch work here is amazing! Love your card! Great job with the Moxie Fab color challenge!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card, I love the way patterns came together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chriss! Thanks for entering the Jan/Feb 2010 Color Play Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)