Monday, January 11, 2010

Challenged just RITE

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend and were warm and cozy. It is starting to warm up a little here, and that is a very good thing;)
Here is another sketch challenge, this time from the Caardvarks site AND there is a wonderful JustRite prize associated with winning this one! Oh my, in my dreams...but here is what I came up with.
I used Bazzil and Basic Grey Bittersweet (yes, again) to make a simple, but elegant Valentine/Love/Anniversary card. The colours are soft and the little pink rhinestones add a nice amount of bling, without being too gaudy?

The sentiment is a JR as is the beautiful border. I stamped both of these in close to cocoa craft ink and clear embossed. The scallop in the beige?taupe card stock is a SU border punch and the pink one is a Martha Stewart one.


The little pink hearts are also MS and they took a little time to apply...I first used mini pop dots, but they proved to be too bulky and the hearts were not sitting just right (oops ~ no pun intended! ;) so I carefully removed and used about 1/4 of each pop dot for each heart.

Thanks for peeking in today, I surely do appreciate the visit ,
chriss

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Chriss - I love your colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, great embossing. Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)