Monday, December 7, 2009

Shop, Sip, Share ~event~

Good day everyone! I have been busy working on getting some of my personal Christmas cards made so that I can get the Canadian bound ones in the mail by the end of the week! I kinda wish that December had some extra days this year...
I have also been working on some special cards for an event that I am participating in this Thursday, December 10th. All of the details can be seen
here . It is the Shop, Sip and Share event that is being put on by Renee S. Such a worthy cause. If you are in the local area (Austin), please consider supporting this event.
Now, for the cards I created so far, I ordered this beautiful Verve stamp set called Believ. It is gorgeous! Julee (Verve's creator and owner) has been donating $10.00 for each of these sets that are purchased, so generous! The above photo is a group shot and this next one has this great quote.
sentiments and would be something really encouraging to receive. I had fun making these and like the way the white embossing came out on the pink. I fancied up the edges using a new MS edger punch and will be using that idea some more in the future! I love being able to layer the edges in
different kinds of paper and colours. The papers I used are pink pirouette from SU and a beautiful SEI linen textured pattern paper from the Cloisonne pack. It has some beautiful pinks and reds in it and will be ideal for Valentine cards. The sentiments were stamped in craft white and heat embossed with white as well onto the pink card stock. I then used different Spellbinder dies to cut out the shapes and the layers beneath that. The flowers were made in the same way, but hand cut. It took me quite a while to cut them all out. I have a few left over and BELIEVE me, I will not be tossing them out. The embossing folder I used is a CB Damask. Love how feminine it is, especially with the pink, and with creams it looks quite nostalgic.
Well, that's it for now. Hope you have a great Monday! Thanks for stopping in for a wee peek. Cheers! Chriss

Sorry about the photos. It has been foggy and overcast and pink & white is harder to photo than ya might think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)