Thursday, September 10, 2009

My Mojo 103 Delightful and Delicious


This is my Mojo card for this week's challenge.  I love how it turned out, in person, it did not photograph well, but I assure you, the colours are so rich in real life!  I wanted warm and rich for this great coffee themed stamp set from Verve, and my insoiration came from Cosmo Cricket's Earth Love.  Such a great collection, really.  So to make this card, I started by stamping the coffee cups with a SU craft chocolate chip ink on a delightful sheet of the saffron coloured flowers in the CC Earth Love collection and let them dry and cut them out.  I also stamped the sentiment from the same set in the craft ink and sprinkled with clear embossing powder and heated it up.  I used a Spellbinders long rectangular scalloped die to cut it out and edges with a Copic marker (the sketch end, so as not to ruin the finish on the other finer end).  The card base is on so saffron card stock that I stamped an Impression Obsession "Cover a Card" bg stamp with the craft chocolate chip ink.  The floral dp is CC and I backed these with really rust.  The ribbon is from some packaging and the border punches are from EK Success (the flat ones).  The ribbon is a nice chocolate chip grosgrain and I added 3 light brown gems, but they are quite difficult to see. (again, sorry for the photo)  Well, that's it for now.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great rest of the day.   Cheers ~ Chriss

4 comments:

  1. Love it and can't wait to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Chriss!
    Have a great weekend
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Chriss! This is gorgeous!!! What beautiful papers you've chosen too! Fantastic job on the sketch! Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really got this perfect! I love that stamp set and apparently I'm not the only one. Lovely card, Chriss!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)