Sunday, September 27, 2009

Coffee + Friends~perfect!

Here we go for the Verve VLVSEP03 sketch challenge.  I am running quite behind on these challenges, but will hopefully catch up before Friday!  As you can see, Amber provided a great sketch and the twist was to make for a girlfriend.  I thought about this for a while and then the light grew from dim to bright...Julee had provided us with the perfect image/sentiment from the Delightful and Delicious set.  I have not clicked on to see other participant's cards, but I will as soon as I am finished with this post.  I am quite curious to see everyone's creation and to see what percentage of us peeps thought this to be the perfect stamp choice!  To make the card, I wanted to use these two colours, aqua and brown.  I love the warmth and found the two different dps from the K and Co. Wild Raspberry 8 X 8 pack.  The brown cs I used is from a textured Bazzill 12 X 12 that I had in my stash.  I first stamped the tropical flowers (small size and large) onto the dp with close to cocoa craft ink and cut out when they were dry.
I then cut and layered and sponged the edges of the 
 rectangular panels and placed them onto the card base.  I made the horizontal panel and used an 
EK Success wavy punch on the bottom part and layered these.  I then used my Blossom Spellbinder die to cut out and emboss the shape that I wanted to mount the flowers onto.  I arranged these and used a dimensional on the bottom flower and placed half pearl centers on the flowers.  I also coloured the pearls with a very pale yellow Copic marker to soften and match the yellow patterned paper.  The coffee image and sentiment were also stamped with the close to cocoa craft ink and I cut that out and adhered directly to the brown vertical panel.  That's it!  Really simple card and I love how it turned out.  Thanks for visiting and taking a peek!

Cheers,
Chriss

3 comments:

  1. beautiful! I can't wait to see it IRL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great sketch, Chris, and your used the perfect flower stamps!!! Love the color combo, too, and such a wonderful sentiment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love these colors together, Chriss. You've done such a great job with the sketch and those awesome Verve images!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)