Friday, May 15, 2009

Dad's fishing vest

Hi there!  I know that there is not anything botanical about this card, but I couldn't resist using this new fishing vest stamp from Lockhart that I purchased from Ellen Hutson's shop when  I saw Sharon's #87 challenge "for the guys" that she issued to make a masculine card incorporating some man ribbon or twine.  This is probably the most masculine card I have ever made and the sketch was borrowed from Julee's Mojo 86 from this last Monday.  I made my cs a little grungy by holding it and lightly smearing over the ink pad.  Hope you like it!  Thanks for taking a peek and hope you have a great start to the week-end!
~recipe~
stamps Lockhart fishing vest, SU fancy flex phrases, Nature prints
ink Mem. tux blak., SU always artichoke
paper SU really rust, always artichoke, kraft

3 comments:

  1. Love how warm and weathered this looks, a great creation Chriss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful *guy* card...I love the fishing theme with the vest and fish on the background layer!! My DH is a bass fisherman and he would love something like this!! BTW, congrats on your Rubbernecker blog hop win...I just saw your name on the RN blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne E. WhittingtonMay 17, 2009 at 3:28 PM

    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)