Friday, March 6, 2009

Violet cupcake

This is my card for the Verve sketch challenges...w/a twist.  This is last week's challenge (we have until the end of the month)and the twist was to use buttons with the sketch.  This is my 1st time to use buttons, and I could not find my button container that I have been squirreling away for years now, but like a good crafter, I had a little SU set of pastel coloured buttons.  I opened these up and found some dp that I thought the buttons would be complimentary to, so...here it is!



Here is the close up of the beautiful little violet cupcake that I have really fallen hard for.  It has become one of my very favourite stamps.  So many possibilities!
The stamp is from Lockhart Co. and I purchased it from Ellen Hutson's shop.  I stamped the image in Memento tuxedo black and used my Copic markers.  I also stamped again on velum with craft white and embossed and cut the top off and glued right onto the stamped image.  I wanted it to resemble the paper cupcake liner. 
Thanks for taking a p{{k! Ch{{rs chriss

*recipe for this card*
Stamp  - violet cupcake Lockhart Stamp Co.
paper  - Sweet Peas from Paper Adventures, SU mellow moss & perfect plum
access.-SU buttons, oval punches, Copic markers, CB textile embossing folder for PP frame, Spellbinders Nestabilities






1 comment:

  1. This is really lovely! You are fantastic with those Copics! Great blog...I'll be back to visit again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)