Friday, February 13, 2009

One more Valentine


Here is my Valentine for my dear hubby.  I purchased this little tree punch last week and knew instantly that I wanted to use it for his Valentine.  I also purchased a MS tiny hearts punch to create the "fruit"
I was excited to see last week's Verve VLVFeb02 sketch challenge over in the Verve forum on SCS because I knew I could work in the tree on the central oval.I layed the oval horizontally instead of vertically as in the sketch. (hope that's alright Verve team)  The sketches are a lot of fun and each week has a different "twist".  This particular twist for this sketch was to NOT use any designer paper.  Oh my...   
We were however allowed to create our own.  I did this on the large white circle with the hearts from SU! "Sprinkles" set.  I also used the heart flowers from Happy Heart Day and used my markers to colour the grass and hearts.  Thanks for taking a peek.  btw, the inside verse says - My love grows for you every day -
Ch{{rs,
Chriss

deets on the goods used;
cardstock SU real red, whisper white & black
stamps SU Sprinkles & Happy Heart Day
ink SU craft real red
accessories MS tiny hearts punch, Marvy tree punch, Spellbinders Nestabilities ovals and scalloped ovals, long rectangles, SU markers and Cuttlebug swirls and swiss dots embossing folders

1 comment:

  1. Great Card! I looked at that punch and never saw anything close to a cute Valentine's card You're a true artist

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)