Friday, October 3, 2014

Fall celebration time

Happy Friday! 
I am taking time out today during my daughter's visit (she had a friend's wedding rehearsal and lunch to go to)
to create a card for the current challenges over at Time Out  SSS "finishing touch" and One Layer Simplicity Challenge.
I knew that I wanted to include the optional apple "twist" for the Time Out challenge and I wanted to also keep my card to one layer.  Oh, I do miss apple picking...
                                    I started by stamping the SU
bucket and water coloured with a TH Distressed Wood DI and then stamped my apples and water coloured them also with TH Picked Raspberry and Firebrick red.  The grass is from PTI's Garden Variety set.  All of the stamps that I had for Autumn birthdays were too large in scale for the card, so I decided to use this older SU sentiment as I like the
font for this card.  Sticking to my one layer only idea, I used a Memory Box die to cut a cloud and set that aside after outlining the edge with a SU marker.  I then decided that I wanted some rays of sunlight and happy blue sky to be shining down on the bucket scene.  My attempt at rays is not a good one...but it is a hand made card...right ;)  I sponged the yellow and blue inks using Washi Tape for my borders.  After the spongeing, I inlaid my cloud.  Thinking it might need one more little finishing touch, and I will submit to the SSS Monday challenge "finishing touch", I added another water coloured apple on the grass beside the bucket that I fussy cut from several other clusters of apples that I stamped and WC for future use.  This may not qualify any more for the OLS challenge...oh dear, should have left well alone :)
Have a great Friday!  hugs, chriss

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful water colouring and fab design. I love the and popped up apple, so pleased you joined is and you twisted too at TIME OUT Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tumbled out apple is a perfect finishing touch to your deliciously watercoloured and happy inducing card, Chriss ... delighted you played along with us (and twisted!) at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think the rays are amazing!! I love this card - so clean and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your beautiful card. Your coloring is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun fall card. I would have never know the apple on the grass was fussy cut if I hadn't read it. So, I'll pretend I didn't read it! lol! Thanks for joining us at OLS. Happy fall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on the one layer card. I think they can be the trickiest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card! Thank you for joining us over at the Time Out Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)