Monday, January 25, 2010

Look who's new ~ My first PTI Blog hop.

Hello everyone! Hope you all had a great week-end! I have been busy with gardening and some cards. I wanted to make a baby card using my new Baby Button Bits that I bought from PaperTrey ink from the last release. I had a hard time selecting which image to feature for Papertrey Ink's blog hop tonight, because I adore them all! Anyway, I knew I wanted to make a card or announcement for a baby girl, so I went with the cutest baby bee stamp ever. I stamped the image twice because I wanted to layer the wings for dimension. They are coloured with a Copic marker and I went over the "veins" with a sparkly light plum gel pen. I cut out the image using my long rectangular Spellbinder die and layered the wings with dimensional foam. The Papertrey button (lavender Moon) has a piece of the new Papertrey 1/4" wide silk ribbon. Luscious! The white panel with image is layered onto a slightly larger PTI bitty dot paper and the card stock was placed through the CB with a Quickutz embossing folder (Retro Diamonds) to create some texture for the front of the card. The inside
of the card has a little special treatment that I created with a stamp from the Background Basics Diamonds set. I stamped in a pale plum ink that I had (I don't have the PTI lavender moon yet!) and
then placed a fancy tags label with another
length of the silk ribbon that I threaded through the label. I added two tiny pale purple rhinestones onto a couple of the white daisy shapes that I punched out and cut from a MS border punch. The bitty dot paper was stamped on with the "look who's new" sentiment from the same Baby Button Bits set in gray. The flap of the white envelope got a treatment too! I used the same border punch and the same stamp from the inside of the card. I am happy with the way it turned out! Thanks for looking!


55 comments:

  1. Cute card! I like how you did the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love seeing a little baby bee in these colors! It's so pretty. I have a feeling I'll need this set before the night is through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable! I love how you did the bee in a different color other than "bee". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!! I just love the dimension that you added to that cute bee stamp! Just darling! Great job with the blog hop challenge!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, and your envelope is very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the hop! So glad you decided to join. Very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, I love the 3D wings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to concur with Rebecca, I have a feeling this set will be in my cart before the night is done. Beautiful, beautiful card. So soft and delicate!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a wonderful job!! I like the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how very pretty!! I too love that stamp set I could not wait until it arrived in the mail :) I love the way you use the MS daisy punch. I had it in my hand today but decided not to purchase it---I think I will have to head back to the store tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Mimi~

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful set! Way to rock the blog hop challenge!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would never have thought to do that to the envelope flap. Too, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So precious and sweet! Love how you did the wings. Perfect for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty!! Love the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome!! So cute!! I haven't got this set yet, it is on my wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome to the hop! Your card is precious. Great job of carrying design through to the inside and envie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome to the blog hop, and what a cute card you have done! I love the lace!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice idea to layer the wings -- and welcome to your first hop!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute! I think I will have to get this set.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great job! I Love the border punch!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aaww this is so cute! The border is beautiful on the card and envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Chris, this is so pretty inside & out! Love all the details especially the embossing & scalloped trim.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh this is so CUTE!!! I LOVE it.. I cant wait to ink this set up!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just beautiful, inside and out! I really like how you did the envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So cute! I didn't get this set because everyone in our family is pretty much finishing up having babies, but I love that bee- I might end up having to get it! Welcome to the hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love it! The inside is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  28. sooo pretty! lovin' that new set. your envie looks fab, too!

    ReplyDelete
  29. So soft and pretty - - welcome to the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Really pretty card! Love the tiny ribbon through the button on the bee's body!

    ReplyDelete
  31. THis is adorable! I LOVE the colors! What a sweet little bug!

    ReplyDelete
  32. That is totally cute! Welcome to your first blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Absolutely gorgeous!! I love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love what you did to the inside of your card. That little bee is the CUTEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great use of the bee! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  36. omgoodness--these soft colors are awesome, and everything looks so tied together and beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful in every way!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Welcome! Glad you could join us this month. Very cute! Love the color combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I didn't have time to visit your blog yesterday due to the time difference, so I am catching up now. Your card is really cute and adorable. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  40. So cute!! What a clever idea to use the ribbon in the button and have it trailing along the bottom. And I agree that all the images in that set are just adorable. Great job on the challenge, your total package came together very well!

    ReplyDelete
  41. So super cute!! Love how you used the button and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Sooo soft and sweet, Chriss....I just love the colors you used and the precious little button image is adorable!!!! Great use of the ribbon, too...I'll have to give that a try!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm hopping a little later than normal! Your project is so sweet! I hope you had a fab Blog Hop, I'm sure it'll be one of many!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  44. So delicate, soft and pretty!! This is absolutely adorable - *gorgeous* project and great way to start the Hop!! (P.S. love the little bug ornament in the picture! :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)