Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Ellen meets Evelin...


Another entry for the Share the Love Week going on at Ellen Hutson's The Classroom and the Winnie and Walter.  This card is for the Mood Board Inspiration challenge (Day 5) and boy oh boy, such wonderful inspiration! I have gone in a different direction for my style of card making, CAS, but a one layer modern with a twist on the sentiment.  I am having a lot of fun using stamps from both of the companies and stretching my imagination with my limited stamp supplies.






I focused on the smart striped dress and cardigan for pattern and colour and was further inspired to incorporate the little bird!  I used the Essentials by Ellen 2 Turtle Doves from the 12 Days by Julie set and words from the Winnie & Walter set The Big, the Bold and the Happy.  I was going to snip the #2 from the turtle doves, but seeing the today and always sentiment phrase in the Evelin T So Tweet set convinced me to leave it in tact (:  I also saw that these words (day-and-always) were in the Big, the Bold and the Happy and they are a little larger, so I decided to use these.  The little sprig of hearts and leaves from the Evelin T set is THE CUTEST!  I stamped all with Memento Tuxedo black and my MISTI over the already dried stripes on Arches W/C card.
Not sure if I should place a few sequins...
Anyway...thanks for peeking in and I hope that you have some time to play with this special challenge!

Chriss


3 comments:

  1. Great minds, and all that - and add our sisterhood of the heart, Chriss! I LOve this darling card, your stripes are so wonderful! OH we should play at Time OUt - they are CASEing Therese!!! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet and whimsical, Chriss ... and fabulous left unsequin-ed ... allows all the focus to go on those cute birds and cool stripes! Hugs & bisous, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)