Monday, January 24, 2011

Aqua and red Valentine

Good Monday morning!
Here's another Valentine made with these paper doilies, this time, using one of my favourite colours...aqua.  I know it's not a conventional colour theme for the big V Day, but couldn't resist!  I layered the paper doily onto the same colour card stock as the card base, stamped the Lockhart cupcake in Versamark and embossed with Aqua Zing embossing powder, coloured the cupcake top with aqua Copic and filled in the hearts with a red liquid pearls (those hearts are tiny!).  Cut out and adhered to the paper doily, added the layered SU sentiment and layered a couple of Prima paper flowers with a couple of punched hearts.
I created the side border with some scalloped border punches, lace from Ros and a May Arts polka dotted ribbon from my stash.  Another easy one!
Hope you have a great start to your week.
I have a lot of housework to do and I have to pack up and go to Montreal early next week to see my Mom.  My DD will accompany me and I feel very blessed for that.  Mom is not in good health and I will be there for at least 10 days.
Thanks for visiting,
I will be back later in the week (I hope) with some Moxie Fab challenges that I really want to do...
Chriss  

2 comments:

  1. Oh this is breath taking!!! I LOVE the colour combo ... so very striking and hey ... hearts in any colour are (particularly this white with aqua showing through) are totally acceptable ... Beautiful Chriss ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a Wow card! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)