Saturday, January 22, 2011

Classic red/black and white Valentine

Good Saturday afternoon all!  Here's a simple kraft/red, black and white Valentine that I made with thees red Valentine doilies that I got at my grocery store yesterday!  Great detail on them, 20 to a pack from Hallmark, also available in white, a real steal of a deal around $2.00.
Anyway, I used PaperTrey Ink's kraft cs and embossed the front with a Sixxix folder, made some borders from MS punches and some polka dot pattern paper, tied a SU kraft seam binding ribbon around all and then added this SU sentiment and positioned a tiny red heart over the flower in "you".  The little bird is also a MS punch and I used a red Copic on the heart and adhered over the polka dot heart on the heart doily.  How simple is that?
Have a great day,
Chriss

7 comments:

  1. What Sixxix Folder did you use? This is very cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, this is a new? folder that I bought last week at Michael's. There are 3 other smaller folders with it in a "pillowbox" packaging, around $10.00

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Chris. I'll have to pick that up

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG..I'm gonna be on the hunt for those doilies now! Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous Valentine, Chriss....I'm in love with the red doily...I'll have to go to the grocery store tomorrow...LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card ... what fabulous doilies!! We don't have anything like that over here ..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! That is just beautiful! Thanks for the heads up on the doilies ... I'll take a look at the market today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)