Follow by Email

Friday, May 7, 2010

Thinking about You

I am a little obsessed with this Pink Paislee "Queen Bee" line. I have 3 unopened packages and I have been working my way through the 1st. I love every patterned sheet and have even been saving scraps and using them! When I saw the latest Inchie sketch challenge, I knew I wanted to use these beloved papers.
Lisa noted all of the measurements right onto the sketch, so that made my creating a little quicker. Thanks Lisa!
Here we go,
All papers are from the Queen Bee line. The little squares are 7/8" and they are layered onto 1" polka dotted squares. I used a Label die for the darker patterned paper to create a frame for the stamped frame image (also Pink Paislee Queen Bee) that I stamped right onto the same yellow/chartreuse polka dot paper in SU basic gray ink. I fussy cut the stamped frame with a new pair of T!m Holtz Tonic scissors. I like the feel of them and the"notching action" they seem to have. I cut this out a little slower than I normally would have because it was the first time that the scissors were in my hand! The sentiment is from PTI that I stamped onto velum in the same ink and let dry.
My little bee is the largest from the QB set and I stamped it onto the same yellow polka dot and again onto a scrap of velum for the extra wings. I used a clear Spica pen to touch up the wings (although the sparkle doesn't show very much in the photo) and a black Spica to barely touch the black parts on the bee body and the eyes.
Thanks for taking a look, I truly appreciate your visit!
Have a great Friday night and week-end,
Chriss

4 comments:

  1. Oooooo ... love this! Great way to show off those beautiful Queen Bee papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. The paper is indeed lovely.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOh la la! I also LOVE that paper line. You details are perfect. Thanks for playing!

    Lisa @ Inchie INKlings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)