Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sympathy Morning Glories FTTC68

Good afternoon everyone,
One of my aunts passed over the weekend, so I made this card to send to my uncle and the children (my cousins)
I spent a few summers with them growing up as a young girl. They live in a different part of Quebec, a couple of hours away from Montreal and I have very fond memories of those days.
I used the beautiful morning glories from Flourishes "A Year in Flowers" series and K and Co. dp. The Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge for this week is to make a flower, so I cut out two small circles of the dp and cut each one into 4 pie shaped wedges, folded the wedges smaller and more narrow and stuck them onto dimensional foam and thin clear adhesive dots. I placed the pieced together flower onto a folded/looped ribbon and added this pearl and fabric embellishment from a strand of fancy trim that I recently bought.




Here is a close up of the flower part.

I seem to remember my aunt wearing purple quite a bit, so I think she would have liked this colour for a card.
Thanks for visiting,
Chriss

5 comments:

  1. Chriss your card is beautiful I'm sure your Aunts family will appreciate the love, time and thought that went into your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic & beautiful card you created for your special people, Chriss.
    Your flower & satin ribbon are so perfect for the beautifully colored image! TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your Aunt's passing. I know she would have loved the card you made in her honor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sooo sorry for your loss, Chriss...this beautiful card is sure to bring comfort to your Uncle and his family!!! The flower you made is really pretty and I love your coloring on the that gorgeous image!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply elegant!!! Love your flower and thanks for playing along with Flourishes!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)