Saturday, October 3, 2009

my first official WCMD card!

Hi everyone and Happy World Card Making Day to you!  Here is my first official card that I made for the first challenge going on over at PaperTrey Ink.  We are to make something to do with Japan and it's culture.  I thought of origami and tea first off.  I am not origami savvy, so I couldn't "whip and fold" something right up, so tea is it.  I did have this beautiful Japanese roll of paper that I have been hoarding for 5+ years now.  Love the texture and colours and the print was small enough to stamp my PTI teapot directly onto the paper, cut out and mount on some octagons that I used my Spellbinder dies for.  I covered the whole card front with the paper and made a double border from Not Quite Navy and So Saffron cs.  I cut out some individual flowers from the paper and glued them to tiny octagons and placed those just on top of the border.  The Herbal Tea is also from the same "Tea for Two" PTI set.  Thanks for looking, and I hope I will be back a few more times today with some more cards!
Cheers! ~ Chriss

3 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love the colours! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME; I almost used Tea for Two with some Oriental papers myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! LOVE the teapot idea for Japan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)