Sunday, July 5, 2015

Muse: Christmas Visions 9

I am playing along with Kimberly's fabulous MCV 9 card seen below and the current (CAS)e This Sketch from Leigh Penner!



I am loving Kimberly's card with the woodgrain and detailed ornaments and the CTS from Leigh I see as a really trustworthy sketch (imho).  I will be keeping this one for reference...
My Ticking background stamp from SU (retired, sorry) was inked in Riding Hood Red and is standing in place of Kimberly's woodgrain.  My ornaments were made with some old Spellbinders dies that I recently acquired from my dear and generous friend, Lydia!  I die cut the 3 sizes from some blue note cards and used circle dies to create the opening.  I then layered behind the circle openings with patterned paper that had a festive and intricate medallion pattern.  I added turquoise rhinestones to the centers for some sparkle and to finish off after drawing the silver strings.
  
I was also inspired from this photo for the Sparkle and Shine challenge!

Hope that you are having a wonderful weekend!

Chriss

10 comments:

  1. Stunning card Chriss...love your beautiful blue ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful, Chriss! Love the colors and pattern detailing inside the ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chriss, such pretty blue ornaments. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your festive take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh MY!!! I am clapping and applauding this masterpiece, WOW!!!! And lookie how you added all the sketches!!! Love this... I wish I had these dies!!!!! Hand cutting hurts my fingers sometimes......but worth it when I get awesome cards like this linked up!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bright and so festive, Chriss ... those DP medallions are perfect inside those bold blue ornaments ... fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely light and airy take on this week's Muse, Chriss!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to stretch your stamps and dies! Thank you for playing along with us at the Sparkle and Shine Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool that you were able to use our inspiration photo to create a great Christmas card!! So glad you could join us at Sparkle and Shine!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)