Wednesday, April 8, 2015

More drama with a vellum bouquet

There is a meeting with my W.I.N.O.S. group tonight (women in need of stamps) and our challenge was to make a card using vellum.  I LOVE heat embossing pretty flowers onto vellum and fussy cutting them out.  I find it quite therapeutic.  Here is another bouquet that I put together after embossing onto a baby blue vellum that I have in my stash.  I thought it would look quite dramatic against the PTI Smokey Shadow cs.  The flowers are from 3 different sets...Mama Elephant "Summer Garden" for SSS, a SU 5 petaled beauty, long orphaned from her original set and a SSS set "Thinking of You".  The leaves are die cut from a sturdy PTI vellum cs with a very old Spellbinders die.  My inspiration is from this card that Lucy Abrams made this week.  Thanks Lucy for sharing all of your gorgeous and inspiring talent!  I am again linking up to the Time Out challenge.  This is my second cup!
Thanks for stopping in and I hope that you are having a great day!
hugs-Chriss


18 comments:

  1. Talk about beautiful!! This is so gorgeous and a technique I've never actually tried (might have to CASE your card!). So very happy you joined us at TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name of your group! And this is a stunning card. The subtle blue vellum looks great against the dark base. Great to see again at TO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Chriss, this is just stunning ... gorgeous vellum blooms, so beautifully arranged in their wonderful bouquet ... and perfect against the dark grey background! Delighted to have you play along with us again at Time Out, my friend! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW WOW!!!! Chriss this is stunning!! I need to get some good flowers stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wrote to Anita saying I would give this one a try... Kim's card is gorgeous. YOURS? brilliant, stunning, dramatic - yet delicate! I'm throwing in the towel, Chriss... we have our winner here!! And where, may I ask, are you getting those gorgeous coloured vellums? xo
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your group...wish I lived closer I would love to be a member! Your card is simply brilliant, love all your stunning vellum flowers, you are a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa!! Amazing card. I came here from Time out blog! Look at this card! Just Stunning! I am also your latest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chriss, this is woderful card! Love your blue vellum flowers layered over smokey shadow leaves on a black cardstock! So tender and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful vellum bouquet of flowers. Such a wonderful CASE too. Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love it! Thank you for sharing with us over at TO challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats for getting Honours at Time Out-we all loved your card x

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats on your honorable mention at "time out" - your card is so pretty - i love the name of your stamp group - i belong to a group too and think we might have to steal your name as we not only stamp but drink wine (after creating the card!!) and have snacks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Chriss, my congratulations! I loved your card from the very beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so very much for all of the kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your Time Out win. Your card is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eep! How did I miss this extraordinary creation?? Congratulations on the well-deserved honor from TIME OUT, Chriss!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)