Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Lucky Muse

Friends are a dear and precious gift and I feel so lucky to have friends near and far, friends that I have known for a few months or 50+ years.
Shona Chambers is hosting over at Muse this week and her beautiful card leaves lots of room for inspiration!
Here is Shona's beauty below!  I love her embossed and repeated heart in circle strip.

For my card, I used the SU Pistachio Pudding CS as my base.  To it, I applied some more PP ink on the right hand side through a nylon mesh bag to create some subtle texture.  I have been watercolouring flowers from different stamp sets and these are from SU.  I added my watercoloured flowers, minus a cut out petal in a cascading trio.  I created the stems by just hand cutting some WC paper into thin curved strips.  I have shamrock stamps, but I like the whimsical look that these have and wanted to show how we can stretch our stamps by looking at them as a different use.  My sentiment is from PTI.  
Look at your stamps to see what you might come up with :)
Have a great day and thanks for stopping in!
Chriss


11 comments:

  1. I love your card! I too am always looking for ways to stretch my stamps! I am going to see what flowers I have that will make the perfect shamrock! I am lucky that I saw your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, those flowers are absolutely stunning!! I just love how you combined those colours together on the petals, I would never think to do that. And you picked such a lovely soft colour for your card base too. Thank you so much for joining me over at Muse!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply lovely! I love the clover/ flowers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that pistachio, Chriss.. I've not seen that color before! Your water-colored, creative clover is really pretty. Which stamp did you use for these? Really beautiful...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. These flowers are gorgeous, Chriss - I love the white embossed outline (I keep thinking I'm going to try it and one of these days I will!) So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so sweet...love your clovers, just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Chriss ... these are gorgeous ... there's such a sense of dreamy lightness and movement! Just lovely! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the soft shades of the watercolored flowers, Chriss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had to come and see how this looked on your blog and I can report that the photo does NOT do your shamrock card justice! What a shame because it is really exquisite in texture and sheen in person! Thank you again, Chriss!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)