Saturday, February 21, 2015

A teal and orange thank you

Happy Saturday!  
I wanted to make a card for the Fusion challenge, Teal, Orange and Brown and this is what resulted.
I masked off a section of my PTI Vintage Cream CS with micropore tape and sponged on some PTI Tropical Teal, then used the same little ferns from MFT that I created with yesterday and inked up in SU Baked Brown Sugar, stamped off on a scrap piece of paper and then onto the sponged teal strip repeatedly.
I then went hunting for a strip of PP for my horizontal panel, this is a strip from an old DCWV Naturals pad.  I then used an umbrella die cut from Memory Box and cut out of a teal linen textured CS, cut it up, selecting the center part of the umbrella and inverted.  Now I had my "bowl" to set some flowers in.  I drew some thin stems and added my flower tops.  They are punched out of some old PP from an 8 X 8 pad DCWV again called Cafe Mediterranean.  I added 3 seed beads in a gorgeous teal colour to the centers.  My sentiment is a SU stamped in Baked Brown Sugar, full strength this time onto a punched 
1 3/8" circle that I sponged with the teal ink.
Looking at this beautiful inspiration photo now on the screen, I wish that I had incorporated some woodgrain...
Have a great Saturday!
Hug-Chriss

6 comments:

  1. I don't think you need to be adding anything to this gorgeous card, Chriss! If you ask me, you NAILED the Fusion!!

    Goodness, I just noticed the photo on your side bar! Awesome! Is that an African Grey? My friend Helene has one and she is unbelievably smart!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so admire your talent with colours!! This is another terrific card and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, so pretty, Chriss ... there's a lovely oriental feel to it with the leaves, graphic DP and sweet flower bowl! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chriss...you totally rocked this challenge! These colors look so amazing together and your sweet petite posies are just so adorable. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those are fun flowers! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish that I had incorporated some woodgrain... But you couldn't because you gave me the wood grained embossing folders (Sorry)! But the card is beautiful as it is.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)