Sunday, January 18, 2015

Love for CAS(E) this sketch

Happy Sunday!
I had some time yesterday to play around with the CAS(E) this sketch #106 challenge... and look who's the newest team member.  Michele Ferguson of I Card Everyone!  I have been enamoured with her work of late and I am so happy for her accomplishments.  Congrats again friend!  They are so well deserved!  You must check out her card for this sketch and all of the other team members.  What a talented bunch they are :))
This was what I came up with after quite a few colour combinations and pattern variations.  I will take a group pic of those later in the week for you to see how much fun I have had playing with this sketch.  I finally decided on setting the sketch on it's side.  I used a die from PTI Lovely Layers as I adore it and think it is a must have shape, so versatile and adaptable.  I played around with lining the shapes up and for this card, settled on overlapping the two end pieces on each end and centering the fifth piece on top of the four fixed pieces.  I wrapped a wide chocolate brown grosgrain ribbon (it matched the card stock perfectly) around the arranged bottom panel and die cut a Love PTI die and stacked onto a single layer of coaster board.  A little heart from a MS punch placed inside the heart shaped "O" in Love finishes it off.  
Easy Peasy..... (after a dozen indecisions!)
Oh, and look who was waiting for me at the top of the stairs this morning.  Pearl is her name and we have been "babysitting" her for a little over a year since our daughter and future SIL moved to Vancouver.  They will be moving to Colorado in a couple of weeks and I have a feeling that Pearl will be going to her new home there before too long.  She will be missed!
Thanks for stopping in and taking a peek.  Have a lovely Sunday!
Chriss


4 comments:

  1. What a great card ... Love the design and how cute is Pearl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink and brown - one of my most favorite color combos! The shape of the PTI Lovey Layers, IS lovely... must look into that one. A wonderful alternative to the X in the sketch. Thank you again for your support and congrats, Chriss ... you are so, so sweet!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so fun! I love your take on the sketch and how you rotated it! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous colour combo, Chriss ... love how the background die cuts mimic the shape of the heart in the 'love' ... brilliant! Sweet cat ... what an amazing tail she has ... she could visit here and do all the dusting!! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)