Friday, October 24, 2014

a Merry vellum Christmas card

Vellum...what can I say.  I love this medium and I am so happy that it is "popular" again!
I chose to create 8 of these cards for a craft fair that I will be at in a couple of weeks.  I have been crafting a lot, just not taken time to post on the blog.  
so...I used a SU Poinsettia EF on some cut vellum panels that were die cut with the Lil Inkers stitched mats.  I also cut some red panels with the dies.  The little tree is SU and I stamped in Lucky Limeade on white and then stamped the red ornament balls in Versamark and added Ranger rich red EP and heat set, then cut out.  I die cut a PTI merry die in the Lucky Limeade and with the other elements, arranged on the smaller mat.  I adhered to the small panel and added a few little specs of tape runner on the mat edges and layered onto the medium red panel.  This was then layered onto another card front sized Poinsettia embossed vellum front and finally added to a white card.  The little poinsettia gem was added as the tree topper star and finishes my card :)
I am offering this up for the Addicted to CAS Vellum challenge and the ever popular SSS Anything Goes
 Thanks for taking the time to visit and I hope that you have a great day!
Hugs, Chriss

4 comments:

  1. What a merry christmas card it is! Love the little tree and the pretty flower topper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your vellum looks so pretty ... Love that little tree too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous card-the embossed vellum is so delicate and makes for a great background. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love vellum too which is why I chose it for our code word at ATCAS lol. I Vellum embosses beautifully as see on your gorgeous card and makes a perfect background for that lovely tree. thanks so much for joining us at ATCAS and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)