Monday, January 9, 2012

Newsprint Birdie says Lots of Hugs


Good Monday to you.  Hope your week-end was fun and that you have had some time for yourself.  I went to a brunch yesterday with two of my very best friends and hubby too!
I received some very happy mail on Saturday too...my little order from Ellen Hutson arrived and I could't wait to stamp this new newsprint bird from Hero Arts.  I used Julee's MOJO sketch 223 for the layout (that's 2 weeks in a row...I hope I can keep up and do a few challenges every week!). I stamped this bird on kraft cs from PTI and simply cut out, a very easy bird to cut!  I added a green rhinestone for her/his eye and placed a teeny little black one on top of that for the pupil.  The MoxieFabWorld has a die cut challenge going on and I wanted to try my hand at this too, so I used the eyelet circle from Spellbinders(black SU cs) and a new Memory Box wreath die(pear pizzazz SU cs) to place on top of a Spellbinder circle (Echo Park "Yours Truly"polka dot).  The card base is also in Pear Pizzazz and the black and white vine paper is an older K and Co. sheet that I have loved since it has been available...quite a while!
For the heart I used 2 heart PTI die cuts and with some more red papers from Echo Park and PTI.  On the green panels I used a CB folder and a PTI embossing plate.  So, that's it---a fun anniversary/Valentine card.  I may have to hold onto this one to give to my fabulous hubby!  Thanks for taking a peek,
lots of hugs to you,
Chriss

5 comments:

  1. this is so cute, I see that I am not the only one who saw a bird in this sketch!!!!and such a sweet little bird it is! love the embossing,
    Carol N<><

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little newsprint bird. I have been wishing for him too. YOur cards are beautiful.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job with the sketch, Chriss...I looove how you added the bird and heart!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chriss! Thanks for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)