Thursday, April 21, 2011

It's a MoxieFab gift card holder for the graduate!

 Hi there!  Hope that Spring has sprung in your neck of the woods...it already feels like Summer here...not complaining, but it has been a little humid for yard and garden work.  I will deal with that anytime over snow...just saying;)
I made this card with gift card holder inside for the MoxieFab challenge going on here.  With graduation-moving on season almost here, I know a certain someone that deserves a card and gift.
I have had these patterned papers for several years and I still love the contemporary design and ease of using together, especially for a male.  I don't often create masculine cards, so here is something a little out of my comfort zone.  I used the card positioning Systems sketch, #214 to combine these two challenges. I did some stitching on the top front of the card, just above this great Hugo quote, a Unity stamp.  More stitching on the triangular pices and across the narrow strip.
Here is the inside of the card.  The left hand side is finished with the large contemporary polka dot gray and cream paper (rounded the corners) and I made the gift card holder (the GC to be placed vertically) with a PaperTreyInk die for a library card pocket in the complimentary Chevron pattern.
That's it for now...have a wonderful day!
Chriss

3 comments:

  1. Terrific creation Chriss ... love your colour palette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Chriss! Thanks for linking this up to the Gift Card Holder Challenge in celebration of 350 Cards & Gifts Week in the Moxie Fab World! Good luck in the random drawing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you gift holder card and I know the person it is for will love it too! The colors are wonderful and the DP's are perfect!! Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a peek and leaving a comment :)